Effective Coaching Skills Storyboard (PDF)
This Coaching Storyboard is a 2-sided document with a storyboard on one side and an application template or other supplemental resource on the reverse.
- Identify the four stages of the coaching cycle (Understanding, Assessing, Implementing and Monitoring).
- Identify your natural coaching style.
- See how your own and others communication and learning styles can impact on the coaching process.
- Understand how to build trust and the relationship when you coach.
- Develop and use a coaching contract to guide your coaching.
- Understanding your own coaching style
- Reading the needs of others
- Analysing the learning styles of others
- Setting the climate for effective coaching
- Assessing alternative coaching methods
- Determining when and where to coach
- Creating the time and opportunity to coach
- Finding opportunities to build relationships
- Encouraging communication and feedback
- Developing a long term mentoring plan
- Reviewing and adjusting as you go